YOU MUST UNDERSTAND:
- 1. It's a relationship you're supposed to have.
- "All things were created by Him and for Him." Colossians 1:16 God says we were created by Jesus and for Jesus. He tells us we are going to have "something missing" in our life until we begin a relationship with Him.
- 2. It's a relationship you don't have.
- In God's words, "Your iniquities have separated you from God."Isaiah 59: That tells us that our "sin" has separated us from the one we need. Sin is what we do when we choose to run our lives instead of allowing God to run things.
- 3. It's a relationship you can have.
- "Christ died for sins once for all, the righteous for the unrighteous, to bring you to God." The result of Jesus dying for us is to "bring us to God." We are separated from Him, but something about Christ dying brings us to God. And that is where we need to be -- where we were created to be.
- 4. It's a relationship you must choose.
- Love requires a response. So does the relationship offered by Jesus Christ. Sin is our choice, and having our sin taken away is also our choice. The Bible says, "For God so loved the world that He gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in Him shall not perish but have eternal life"(John3:16). This life-giving relationship belongs to anyone who believes Jesus is who he says he is and asks Him to forgive their sins and come into their life.
Now to begin this relationship pray:
Jesus, You are my only hope of ever getting rid of this sin, of ever getting a relationship with God and of ever getting to heaven. Please forgive me of my sin and come into my life from this moment forward. Thanks for loving me. In your name I pray, Amen!
Once you have begun this relationship or if you have some questions, please call us at 352-243-1155.
If God were to ask you,
"Why should I let you into My Heaven?"
what would you say?