Courtesy of our free Healthy Crockpot Recipes Newsletter
- 1/2 cup kidney beans dried
- 1/2 cup large limas or butter beans dried
- 1/2 cup great northern beans dried
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes, 15 oz approx. ea.
- 1/4 cup crumpled cooked bacon
- 1/8 - 1/4 teaspoon hickory smoke flavor
- 1 stalk celery chopped
- 1 small red onion chopped
- 1 medium bay leaf
- 1 can tomato paste
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder (optional)
Soak beans overnight using whatever method you prefer.
After soaking, put drained beans in crockpot.
Combine 4-6 cups of soaking water with the tomato paste.
Add bacon bits to pot.
In separate skillet, saute peppers, onion, and celery in enough oil to prevent sticking. Add a drop or two of hickory smoke flavor.
Saute until soft but not browned. Add to beans.
Stir in stewed tomatoes, bay leaf and garlic powder.
Cook on medium for 6-8 hours on medium.
Remove bay leaf and then serve with crusty bread.
You can have the Health & Beyond Crockpot Recipe of the Week automatically appear and update every Sunday on your site with three simple lines of code. For details about this free service that will add value to your site and help keep visitors coming back, click here and tell me you want the Crockpot Recipe of the Week update code.