Courtesy of our free Healthy Crockpot Recipes Newsletter
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1" cubes
- 2 16-oz cans garbanzo beans, drained
- 15-oz canned tomatoes, cut into 1" cubes (about 2 cups)
- 1 large red bell pepper, seeded, cut into 1" squares
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup raisins
- 2 Tbs tomato paste
- 2 Tbs water
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp instant chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 Tbs peanut butter
- Hot cooked couscous or brown rice (enough for all)
Place garbanzo beans, tomatoes, bell pepper, onion, raisins, tomato paste, water, garlic, chicken bouillon and cumin in 5-quart slow cooker. Mix until well combined.
Place chicken pieces on top of bean mixture. Cover.
Cook on low heat setting 6-7 hours, or until chicken is tender.
Stir in peanut butter.
Serve over couscous or brown rice. Serves 6.
Vegetarians can replace the chicken and add another can of garbanzo beans.
You can have the Health & Beyond Crockpot Recipe of the Week automatically appear and update every Sunday on your site with three simple lines of code. For details about this free service that will add value to your site and help keep visitors coming back, click here and tell me you want the Crockpot Recipe of the Week update code.