Courtesy of our free Vegetarian Recipes Newsletter
- 1/2 pound cooked egg noodles -- medium width
- 1 pound part-skim ricotta cheese
- 16 ounces crushed pineapple -- drained
- 2/3 cup raisins -- dark or golden
- 1 medium sweet apple -- peel core grate
- 2 Tbs butter -- melted
- 1 cup light brown sugar -- packed
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
Cook the noodles in plenty of simmering water until they are done, then drain.
In the meantime, combine the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Stir in the cooked noodles.
Transfer the mixture to an oiled, shallow 9x13-inch casserole dish.
Bake for 45 to 50 minutes or until the top begins to brown and look crisp.
Let stand 15 minutes before serving.
You can have the Health and Beyond Healthy Recipe of the Week automatically appear and update every Sunday on your site with three simple lines of code. For details about this free service that will add value to your site and help keep visitors coming back, click here and tell me you want the Healthy Recipe of the Week update code.