Courtesy of our free Vegetarian Recipes Newsletter
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbs ground cumin
- 2 small yellow squash, chopped
- 2 small zucchini, chopped
- 2 cups white beans (not canned) (reserve water they were cooked in)
- Additional vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro, plus some for garnish
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 6 corn tortillas, baked in 350F degree oven until crisp, and cut into strips
- 2 fresh limes
Heat oil in large saucepan. Add onions and garlic and sauté for 2 - 4 minutes.
Stir in pepper and cumin and sauté for 1 minute.
Add squash and zucchini and sauté 1 -2 minutes.
Add water reserved from cooking beans plus additional water to make 3 cups. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer, uncovered for 20 minutes.
Stir in beans and cilantro; cook for 5 minutes longer.
Place in 4 bowls; squeeze 1/2 lime into each bowl of soup and stir.
Add 1/4 sliced avocado to each bowl.
Top each bowl with tortilla strips and cilantro.
You can have the Health and Beyond Healthy Recipe of the Week automatically appear and update every Sunday on your site with three simple lines of code. For details about this free service that will add value to your site and help keep visitors coming back, click here and tell me you want the Healthy Recipe of the Week update code.