Courtesy of our free Vegetarian Recipes Newsletter
- 2 medium zucchini - chopped
- 4 medium carrots - chopped
- 1 medium green pepper - chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 15 oz can garbarzo beans
- 2 15 oz can S&W zesty chili beans
- 1 1/4 oz can sliced black olives
- 1 1/2 tsp of cumin
- 12 oz jar medium picante sauce
- 1 28 oz can cut-up tomatoes
- Cashews and shredded cheddar cheese
Saute zucchini, green pepper, onion, carrots and garlic in olive oil until crisp and tender.
Combine tomatoes, picante sauce, cumin, black olives, beans, and sauted vegetables in large pot.
Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to simmer for an hour. Stir occasionally and add water if necessary.
The cashews and cheddar cheese are added when being served.
Serves approx. 8 - 10 people
You can have the Health and Beyond Healthy Recipe of the Week automatically appear and update every Sunday on your site with three simple lines of code. For details about this free service that will add value to your site and help keep visitors coming back, click here and tell me you want the Healthy Recipe of the Week update code.